twitter




Wednesday, March 17, 2010

How do I sew on the elastic bands that came with my bloch ballet shoes?

This is my first year taking ballet in about 10 years and I went to buy the shoes and the lady told me I can sew them on whatever way I want. I know most people at my dance studio have them just crisscrossed in the front but i wasn't sure if there is a specific way to do it because I know without them my foot doesn't stay in well.

How do I sew on the elastic bands that came with my bloch ballet shoes?
Just regular ballet slippers don't crisscross. Only pointe shoes. But you sew them basically the same, just the ribbons and shoe is different.





Fold the heel down until it's flat. Mark where the fold creases with a pencil or something not dark. Sew one end of the elastic directly under the drawstring. Now put the shoe on and pull the elastic over. Don't pull it too tight around, snug and comfortable. Sew it the same way to did the other side.


Repeat that for your other shoe.
Reply:The new thing in ballet slippers is that you crisscross the elastic. But you can also just take it straight across, it's according to preference.


What I did was put the shoe on and play with the elastic until I it's where I want to sew it in. Hold the elastic in place while you mark the inside with a pen or pencil so you know where to sew. Just put a few stitches in each side just under the top trim of the shoe so nobody notices and you're good to go.



find friends

No comments:

Post a Comment